Tuesday, January 11, 2011

11 days into the New Year

Today is the 11th day of 2011.  I am doing really well on some of my "evolutions".  Unfortunately, no, sex is not one of the ones I am doing well on.  And no, I haven't found a home, or a new job, and my prince hasn't swept me away on his white horse, but Rome wasn't built in 11 days.....was it?  I have no clue how long it took to build Rome.  I have, however, submitted four job applications.  I branched out and put in an application for a very promising job that I meet the qualifications for but would require me to move.  Hey!  Two birds with one stone a home of my own and a job!  I am hoping to hear back on that one.  Work at my current job has been painfully slow, not to mention they "forgot" to mail my check.  I have been proactive and have inquired about the slow work pace.  I have tried to have a small connection with my pre-teen son each day; I think it helps tremendously.  I laughed at my exuberant child as he had his head in the toilet and declared it not his best day and ordered the banana to stay put, "you are not coming out on MY watch."  The New Years "Evolution" I have been working my diligently on is weight loss.  More to come on that in a separate posting.  Progress, slow as it may be, with setback, but yet it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment