Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ask and You Shall Receive

In order to get what you want, you have to put it out there, make it known to yourself and others that this is what you desire. I need to ask for what I want. "Ask." How can something so simple be so difficult for me. If I don't state what I want clearly and consisely at the very least to myself, how can I receive or acheive it? I need to get over the fear of failure and JUMP in. Enough baby steps. I need more motion, to step outside my box, to spread my wings; failure is so much better than being frozen in a block of fear.

I will start by asking myself for five things that I want:
1. Home.
2. Autonomy.
3. Full-time job with benefits.
4. Healthy self-image, body and mind.
5. Peaceful state of being, which to me means less judgements, less anger, more patience, kindness, and respect.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor, and catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ~ Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment