Saturday, October 30, 2010

Love/Hate Relationship

I have been alone for the last 22 hours.  In those 22 hours, I have realized that I simultaneously both love and hate being alone.  I enjoy the peace, the quiet, the stillness.  But those very things allow the opportunity for thought, reflection.  When I let myself think, the thoughts are rarely positive.  The thoughts are overwhelming.  I feel there is so much to do, so much dissatisfaction in so many areas.  I am rarely alone, but I always feel lonely, so it isn't the loneliness that grabs me.  Grabs me....I need something to grab me, to shake me, to fix me for I feel broken.  Today, I feel broken.  I don't know if I have ever felt that way.  I can feel my heartbeat in my ears, hear my breath as if it was not my own.  What is this?  Brokenness, depression, exhaustion, a disconnect? All of the above?  I don't want to move.  I want to feel the aloneness, but I don't want to feel it.
I am constantly stressed, annoyed, tired, anxious, angry, guilty, perhaps worst of all just not in the moment, which magnifies every other emotion.  I have fought it, but I am weary of the fight.  Maybe I need to feel this for now. 
Every day my sons save my life.  Without them I don't know what my purpose would be.  They are worth the struggle.  I wish I could be more for their sakes and for mine.  Be more.  I am asking myself to be more.  Please, just be more, get better, be better.  I can do this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment