Friday, February 25, 2011

I Am Doing It!

I ran the full, complete, total, entire 25 minutes of the run!  That's right, Baby!  All. Of. It.  It felt awesome.  I ran 2.10 miles, the farthest I have ran straight in my entire life.  Well, not really the farthest since I was running on a never-ending continuous rotating belt and stayed in the same place through the beginning, middle, and end.  I was home alone when I did it, which is good thing because the F-bomb accompanied by other words came out of my mouth when I was done.  When I was done, I proclaimed to the world (AKA Facebook) that I completed week 6, day 3 of the C25K and was signing up for my first 5K race.  I received a lot of encouragement and an offer to go for a pre-race run and run the actual race with a mom friend of mine.

 Definition of "mom friend":  The mother of one of my children's friends whom I am aquainted with through school/sporting/scouting activities.

In closing, I would like to turn off the mom mode and once again say, "F@#! Yeah!  I did it!"  I hope the words my mouth forms when I finish the actual race are classier, but I make no promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment