Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Every Once In Awhile.....

It doesn't happen often, but every once in awhile, I tell myself, "You are freaking amazing!"  I have been having a really good week on this health journey.  On Saturday, I picked up my ugly/beautiful race t-shirt and number, lucky number 3130.  Pretty exciting stuff.  On Monday, after a weekend away from home and thus the scale, I stepped on the scale to see that I had FINALLY kicked the number 151 to the curb.  It was stuck forever!  I lost three pounds, which was amazing, bringing me into the next decade of numbers, out of the "overweight" category, and into the "healthy" category.  YAY MeeM!!!

Last Friday, I had my first fail of the C25K program.  It was week 8, day 1, 28 minutes of straight running.  I had ran in the morning after my usual breakfast, but I just didn't have the energy to make it through.  After I stopped, I couldn't even recall what the time or distance was when I quit.  I felt fuzzy, out of it.  I told myself it was okay.  Even though I had been eating at the upper range of my calorie budget all week, I felt hungry all week.  Seriously hungry, like I would think "I am so hungry I could chew off my own arm.  Hmmm,  I wonder how many calories that would be?  I wonder how much my arm weighs?"  I guess you could say deliriously hungry, in fact!  I am kidding;  Really, I wouldn't eat my own arm.

So, Sunday night was a redo of week 8, day 1.  I ran the 28 minutes with three 30 to 60 second breaks along the way.  When I began my cool down, I walked for two or three minutes and said what the heck, and decided to kick it back up.  I ended up going for a total of three miles, finishing with a time of 37:25.  I know it is slow, but I did it!  Three whole miles.  I was so excited.  I thanked God and Taco Bell for the two plain steak soft tacos I had eaten an hour before for getting me through the run.  It was the first time that I realized that I can do this!

Today was week 8, day 2.  I ran the full 28 minutes, 2.5 miles, without stopping once, another milestone.  Victory!

I am doing this.  I am freaking amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment