Tuesday, March 22, 2011

No Excuses

I have been running my ass off, literally I hope, since the race.  I haven't gone past 2.25 miles.  It seems to be the point of exhaustion for me, but I really want to get up to 3 miles at least one of my runs per week.  Yesterday, I took the run outside with my oldest son.  It was windy on the back loop and the trail was uneven and had little hills and slopes, but it was fun.  It was especially fun outrunning my 12-year-old.  He went a good solid mile or so, and I doubled that.  My knees are feeling it today, but I will be back out there again tomorrow.  My goal is 10 miles this week.  No excuses.

Oh, and about running my ass off.  I lost three pounds last week! 18 lost, 10 more till goal!  Kumbaya!!!  Actually though, I think it came straight from my tummy and hips.  I feel like I am getting the tiniest bit of a runners butt rather than the oh, so attractive flat and wide look I usually carry back there.

I watched this video the first day I started the C25K program.  I can't tell you how many times I thought of it while on the treadmill these past two months.  It has given me the inspiration I needed to make it through to the end of many runs.  Nike, No Excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment