Thursday, March 10, 2011

I Owe It All To Apple....Not The Fruit

Today was week 8, day 3 of the C25K program and that completes my training folks!!!  I squeezed 8 weeks into 6.5 so that I would be ready for the race on Sunday.  When I started, I really did not believe I would finish the entire program.  I am so proud of myself for getting through the training.  Now, I just have the race on Sunday, then I will decide where to go from here.  I work really well with structure.  I owe my success on the C25K to my Ipod.  The app gave me the motivation to go on.  I like the challenge, the structure, the accomplishment I get with a planned program.

I also use an app called LoseIt on my Ipod.  It keeps track of my weight loss goals, calorie intake, etc.  I absolutely love it.  Without my Ipod, I don't know if I could have stuck with my healthier quest this long.  I really do owe attribute all my success to my beloved Ipod.   Now.....watch the damn thing will break tomorrow.

On another note, I made the family homemade pizza tonight.  A pizza with the works for my parents, a cheese pizza for my kids, and for myself, heaven on a plate.  I rolled out 8 ounces of whole wheat crust super thin, baked it for a few, then topped with sauce, 2 ounces fresh mozzarella, 1 ounce goat cheese, 1 T parm cheese, sauteed onions, and mushrooms, then baked it for a few more.  It was Oh. My. God. yummy.  Seriously delicious.  This could be due to the fact that the closest I have came to pizza in the past couple months is an English muffin pizza.  I cut the pizza in half and had a decent sized portion of pizza for 410 calories, 12.5 grams of fat, and the best part is, I have more to eat tomorrow!  I will admit that I had a hard time not having "just one more slice."  I considered eating another piece, but by the grace of WhoKnowsWho, and with no help from Apple, I resisted and packed it up for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment