Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Unjust


The scales of justice are being tipped unfairly!  Who can I write to that will be able to right this wrong?  Please send me the address of the proper congress person to address this matter.  A bathroom scale is not a scale of justice you say?  I beg to differ!  The dictionary defines justice as "the quality of being just, fairness."  According to my train of thought, it is unfair to remove the bun from my "hold the mayo" grilled chicken sandwich, unjust to drool over the fried mozzarella sticks in the middle of the table, unjust to eat just 10 fries of my "unending basket" of fries, and unjust doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about standing in Coldstone and watching my boyfriend and sons eat icecream, all without a reward in the end.  And okay, I did more than drool over the fried mozzarella, I ate ONE, and yes I had half of my basket of fries, but those calories were accounted for.  They fit into my plan.  I averaged 1250 daily calories.  I drank plenty of water.  I ate a balanced diet of protein, carbs, veggies, fruits, and yes had some (counted) dark chocolate too.  I ran two miles three days of the week, walked three days of the week.  I busted my 151.4 pound ass all week long, and the scale greeted me on my official weekly weigh in day with the numbers of 151.2....and the next day back to 151.4.  I demand JUSTICE!  I have done the work to tip those scales in my favor, now I want to see it reflected in the numbers.  I was out of calories for the day, so I stood in a Coldstone and did not order cake batter icecream.  Did you hear me?  I skipped Coldstone!!!

I am taking a three morning hiatus from weighing.  My scale will not see me until Saturday.  Take that Scale!  The dieting equivalent of the silent treatment.  When I get back, it better be ready to give into my terms because one of us is going to have to give in, and just so you know, it isn't going to be me!

No comments:

Post a Comment