Thursday, July 7, 2011

Alright Who is Lying To Me, The Mirror or The Photos?

I thought the camera was supposed to add 10 pounds?   The reflection in the mirror looking back at me seems much larger than the version of me that I see in photos.  When I look at photos, I see myself as being thin enough, not too thin, still a little bit curvy, with a good shape.  When I look in the mirror, I look slightly chubby and like I could stand to lose another 15 pounds.  It is very strange that I could see myself so differently.  Before I lost weight, I always felt I looked fatter in photos, now it is the opposite.  I wonder which image is true.

When I took my shorts off last night, I was suprised to see the tag said size 8. They were so loose that I was sure that they were a size 10.  I remember very clearly packing these exact shorts away a year or so ago.  I picked them up, marveled at how seemingly tiny they were, thought I will never fit into these again, and put them in a box for Goodwill.  The box never made it out of my basement, and most of the clothes that I thought I would never fit into again are now too baggy on me.  When I took them off, I held them up, and they didn't seem tiny anymore.  The mind plays such tricks.

1 comment:

  1. Ive had these exact same experiences. Currently in a size 8 pair of pants that 2 years ago I was elated to even fit into. Now they are way too big and look huge!
    And I swear my face is still chubby in pics when I know thats impossible bc thats where the weight came off of first. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete