Thursday, August 18, 2011

Opening Doors


We got the key to our new home on Friday!  I had been so amped up, anxious, not sleeping, wondering if we had made the right decision when choosing this house, worrying about everyone getting along, the kids adjusting, and little things like where will the couch fit.  I was mentally and physically exhausted, totally wiped out.  But then we got the key, and suddenly it was final, the decision had been made, and it was happening.  I spent the weekend cleaning the house and somehow scrubbing it with own two hands made it feel like home.  I am feeling much more relaxed, less edgy, and excited.  This weekend is moving weekend!  Finally, a home of our own!  Another step in the right direction.

Unfortunately, all this stress means I haven't been on par with eating healthy, and that is an understatement.  Equally as detrimental as the stress has been my lack of grocery shopping.  My boys spent two weeks at their dad's.  I never cook when they are gone and just ate whatever I came upon.  Then they came home, but I wasn't sure if we were moving in five days or two weeks, so I didn't want to stock the house with groceries and we ate what we had left here.  That means I haven't seriously shopped in nearly a month, which leads to a lack of healthy, fresh foods.  Not to mention it is football season, and we don't get home until nearly 8 o'clock.  We come home starving and needing quick foods. My eating has been a disaster and the numbers on the scale reflected that this morning.

The moving will be complete this weekend.  I will be stocking the cupboards and fridge, and I will be planning ahead for dinners, so we aren't coming home ravenous to an empty, cold oven.

Football practice has been in full swing for nearly two weeks now, and I have been doing well getting my running miles in.  It has been a struggle though.  I was chalking it up to running during the hottest part of the day, but it occurred to me yesterday that it is probably also due to a lack of proper nutrition, so there is a little more motivation for me to eat well.




No comments:

Post a Comment