Monday, August 1, 2011

100 Miles

Today, about three months after downloading the Nike+ app for my iPod, I ran 4.25 miles and ended on a total of exactly 100.0 total miles.  The heat the last three weeks has been really cutting into my run time, so it took me a little longer than anticipated, but I've finally gotten there.

To celebrate I gave myself an early gift.  A totally cool headband I found on Etsy made by http://deshlerdesigns.com/.   Since I got my hair cut too short to put in a pony, I have been on a hunt for something to keep my hair out of my face without much luck.  Headbands just slipped right off my head while running.  Then I found this one.  It doesn't move at all, absolutely, positively stays put!  It is a miracle.  Did I mention it is super cute?  Cause it is.  I had a hard time picking just one.  Now that I know it works, I'll be picking up some more.
More about today's run.....it was hot, it was sweaty, miles 2 through 3 were made miserable by a stitch in my side, but I felt strong at mile 3.5 and decided to keep on running past my house and around a few more blocks for a total of 4.24 miles, my longest run in a month.  I started by running to the high school track, something I rarely do.

PROS of running at the HS track: 
  1. Surface feels soft and cushiony under my feet.  I kept thinking it felt like I was running on clouds, which is a bit of an exaggeration, but I was bored and needed imagery. 
  2. Lapping a lady jogger twice, ego booster!  And no, she was not 90.
CONS of running at the HS track:
  1. Endless, boring, mindless, scenery-free circles--over and over again.
  2. Getting lapped three times by a dude wearing yellow, ego buster.  And no, he was not 19.
After two miles, I couldn't take it any longer and I hit the road running....in my super cute headband and landed on 100.0 total Nike+ miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment