Saturday, August 20, 2011

Tell The World I'm Coming Home!

It is moving day!!!!!  For the first time ever we will be HOME together tonight.  His arms have felt like my home for the past 3 years, and now I will be there every single night.  I was thinking last night of the day we came to live with my parents five years ago.  It was an emergent situation, and we just left with nothing, unprepared.  I sobbed that night and many others in my childhood bedroom feeling like I had failed my kids and myself.  I missed my home desperately.  It was a very nice house, but it wasn't about the house, the walls, or the things it contained, it was the HOME feeling.  And now....my eyes well up every time I think about my parents' generosity, their sacrifice, what they gave up to give us a place to stay.  They watched my kids every Friday and Saturday night for three years while I worked, and plenty of weeknights while I was at school too.  My dad coached my son's baseball teams, was a pillar of strength and the best example of a man that I will ever know.  I can't even begin to touch on all they have done.  What they gave to my kids is priceless.  I don't know how to begin to thank them.

So as I go home today, I am crying tears of gratitude and tears of joy, but none of sadness.


It’s what made me, saved me, drove me crazy
Drove me away than embraced me
Forgave me for all of my shortcomings
Welcome to my homecoming
Yeah it’s been a long time coming
Lot of fights, lot of scars, lot of bottles
Lot of cars, lot of ups, lot of downs

No comments:

Post a Comment