Sunday, May 29, 2011

Boom! Boom! Pow!

I set out running on Friday morning knowing it was going to be a strong running day for me, or rather telling myself "I feel great!  Gonna run strong today!  Get it!"  This running thing is just as much a mental challenge as it is a physical challenge.

I ran around the city, then at about mile 3.5, I had a choice-turn the corner and go home, or turn the corner and run a 1.5 mile loop around the park.  I assessed how I was feeling and borrowed a phrase from my son's football coach "Want some?  Get some!"  Then I ran 5.29 miles, beating my farthest distance by a mile.  Once I hit mile 5, I thought about walking the rest of the way home, but I figured running would get me there faster.  BOOM!

I stopped into Marshall's yesterday and tried on some shorts just for kicks.  I tried on a bunch of size 8s and they were comfortably loose, so I tried on a 6.  It fit perfectly!  BOOM!

Have I mentioned I hit my original goal weight?  POW!   (I want to lose a few more vanity pounds.  No certain number.)

No comments:

Post a Comment