Monday, May 2, 2011

Chicken Pineapple Roll-ups

I like quick and easy lunches, but I do not like diet frozen meals.  I can make my own lunches with equal calories, more bulk, and better taste.  I always start the week out with some cooked chicken.  I either bake several pounds of bone-in chicken breasts, or I grill boneless, skinless breasts.   I make enough to cover the next few days lunches, and usually throw a quick family dinner together one night a week with it too.  Today's lunch took about 3 minutes to prepare, was 325 filling, delicious, nutritious calories, and BONUS it was pretty.  I love beautiful food!
Pineapple Chicken Salad Roll-ups
2 LaTortilla tortillas
4 oz chicken
1/4 cup fresh pineapple chunks
1/2 T dried cranberries
1/2 T chopped pecans
1 T Fage yogurt
Lettuce leaves
sprinkle of salt

4 comments:

  1. I think that's a smart approach. I personally don't get people who spend lots of money on frozen lunches that taste horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I represent FAGE Greek Yogurt and we were wondering if we could feature this recipe in their Community Cookbook, along with a link back to your blog? You can view the rest of the recipes in the Cookbook here: http://www.fageusa.com/recipes/

    Let me know what you think!

    Thanks,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure Christine, you have my permission to use the Pineapple Chicken Salad Roll-up recipe.

    ReplyDelete