Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ice Cream For Breakfast? Yes!

I celebrated Memorial Day with a patriotic red, white, and blue breakfast.  A waffle topped with blackberries, strawberries, ice cream, and a drizzle of chocolate!  Icecream for breakfast???  Yes!  I was about to top it with yogurt, then I thought hmmmmmm....the icecream has about the same number of calories, why not?  And then I did.  YUM!

I stayed on plan all weekend.  Every other weekend is a real challenge for me.  I stay at my boyfriend's house and he is not health conscious.  He makes us big breakfasts, likes to eat dinners out, and does not keep much food in the house.  So, I bring my own food.  I bring fruits, yogurt, string cheese, almonds, KIND bars, etc.  I am not totally lame.  I will eat Sunday breakfast, just not much of it, a waffle and two pieces of bacon.  We went to dinner with his family.  Restaurants are my weakness.  I cannot muster up the willpower to order healthy, so I don't.  I just don't eat much of it.  I had fish and chips.  My diner food standard weakness, but I ate one-third of the meal.

Holiday weekends are tough, but holiday weekends away from home are especially challenging to my willpower, but I did it.  It is just not much fun.  There is no room for a margarita in a 1165 calorie budget.

Bonus Points:  I woke up early on Sunday and Monday and went running.  Do I get a prize?  Oh, I guess my prize was maintaining my exact weight from Friday through Tuesday.  I have this unrealistic expectation for my efforts to be matched with equal results.  It is 10x harder for me to stay on plan every other weekend, so when I do, I expect that I should lose at least 10x as much as I normally would and come home to a 2 lb loss.  Too bad it doesn't work that way :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment