Thursday, May 19, 2011

Less Is More

Sometimes it hard to remember that less can be more.  This pertains to many things, but in this case I am referring to cheese.  I like to make semi-homemade pizza with store bought whole wheat crust.  I use one pound of dough divided into four portions, 1/2 cup of sauce, 2 oz goat cheese, 2 oz fresh mozzarella, 1 T parmesan, and some carmelized onion, (mushrooms too if I have them, but I didn't.)The cheese does not cover the pizza, but this lets the other flavors shine through.  High quality ingredients make all the difference.  I baked it in the oven this time, but sometimes I like to grill it.  360 calories of YUM!

Side Note:  I ran 4.3 easy miles today.  HA!  I love saying easy miles.  I never understood when people said that.  Everything about running was HARD.  My lungs and my heart have just recently caught up to my legs, and if I choose not to push it, a run can be easy.  That is my record for distance.  I could have ran forever today, but I ran out of time.  Funny how some days two miles feels like a million and some days I don't want to stop.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on running! Less IS more sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally true about the running... sometimes 3.5 miles flies by and sometimes I can barely drag my butt through 2mi. so strange!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this recipe and will try it sometime. I am a big cheese fan and have never met a cheese I didn't like :)

    ReplyDelete