Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Who Stole My Cookies?!?

I opened my freezer yesterday and let out a gasp of horror when I was greeted by the following:

An empty Thin Mint box, almost empty, one lonely cookie!  MY emergency box of Thin Mints!  Mine.  My kids had plenty of GS cookies.  This one box was Mama's box.  I had eaten exactly four of the cookies.  I knew who the culprit was, my little junk food junkie sneak.  Ohhhhhh......someone is in trouble!!!!  THEN A horrible thought came....did he get my Reese peanut butter eggs too???  Nooooooo!  I ran back to the freezer- literally ran and this time I let out a big sigh of relief, he hadn't gone that far!  Even a junk food junkie sneak has his limits. 

In order to be more diplomatic and less accusatory, I asked all three kids together, "Who ate my Thin Mints?"  The suspect said "I had one or two."  Ahem.  "One or two?"  Then he said he had an accomplice, his little brother also had "one or two."  BUT his little brother cannot reach the freezer.  He said he was sorry.  He said that it had been in there so long that they were probably expired.  My hero!  Saving me from food poisoning.  You see, he was really doing me a favor.  I took a deep breath.  I assessed the remainder of my chocolate hoard, then all was forgiven.  There is always next February.

The chocolate hoard is an entirely different post.  I think I may have an issue.....



3 comments:

  1. I used to get so mad if I planned an indulgence and it was eaten! I felt so petty afterwards being angry over food.

    Your kids are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I waivered between both being relieved and bummed that the cookies were gone. Anything else besides the PB eggs or cookies would be fine. I can get more. I have to wait a year for these. But they are just cookies, so I told myself to get a grip and see the humor in it LOL He ate the first roll of cookies two weeks ago, and I said "That is okay. Just leave the rest." He only remembers the "That is okay" part though! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frankly, they were planned binge food. I ate four and decided they were not worth the 160 calories and put them in the freezer for a weak moment. Probably a bad idea, but a good sign that in the 3.5 months that they have been in the freezer, I haven't had a moment weak enough to eat the box in one sitting.

    ReplyDelete