Friday, April 29, 2011

"Do or Do Not. There Is No Try." Says Yoda

And that is the extent of my Star Wars knowledge.  I just love that quote.  A friend is on this journey with me.  She has been veering off track.  I texted her a message yesterday saying I had a few off days, but was jumping back in full force and asked if she was in.  She said she was just lecturing herself and that she would "try" to do better today, which gave me the opportunity to throw out that Yoda quote.

Lunch:  Chicken, potato, butternut squash, and pearl onion hash with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.  Everything is better with parmesan!

Yesterday was a better day diet-wise for me.  It helped that I was still pretty full and satisfied from yesterday's free for all.  I tried out a new to me vegetable.  I baked a butternut squash.  It was a pain in the rear to cut and peel, and I kept thinking it must have been put on this earth for sharp-toothed beings, that if this was meant for human consumption surely it would be easier to get to the inside, but it was worth it, very delicious, almost like pumpkin pie.  Dinner for me was pasta, chicken, and broccoli with a pat of butter, a wedge of laughing cow, and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.  The rest of the family had the same but with real alfredo sauce and breadsticks.  I try to make family favorites that I can modify for myself.

 I had some (more) family stress yesterday.  So after all had settled, I hopped on my treadmill for a therapy session.  I released tears in the form of sweat.  Pounded out my frustrations.  Listened to Christina belt out "Stronger."  Thought about how I am not meant to live this life.  Wished that all the people who know it all and have all the answers would just step up and say it, and then came to the conclusion that I am the only one who can fix this.  "Do or do not.  There is no try."  No one is going to give me the answer.  I need to find it myself.  I began running to prove to myself that I can do anything that I set my mind to.  Now I need to move onto the next step even if it means moving to an area I really would rather not live in, my kids changing schools, giving up after school sports and activities.  I cannot go on this miserable.  I will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment