Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Your Swimsuit is Calling. Sorry, Wrong Number!

I got an email from Old Navy last week titled "Your swimsuit is calling."  It is only April.  It snowed on Monday.  It is still 30 to 45 degrees most days!  Obviously, the swimsuit has the wrong number and is trying to call someone in the South because us northern girls haven't even begun thinking about bathing suits.  But it planted a seed.  Darn you Old Navy!  Yesterday, I pulled out my swim suits.  I tried each one on.  I took pictures.  Relax!!!  You can uncover your eyes!  I am not posting them....yet.  No promises that I won't when I lose another 10 pounds for comparison photos though.  I looked in the mirror and cringed.  Funny thing is though, when I looked at the photos a couple hours later, I didn't seem to look so bad.  I don't know if I was just being overly critical of myself, or if the flatness of photos gave me a smoother look.  I have 7 or 8 weeks until the kids get out of school and beach season begins.  I would like to lose another 10 pounds and tone up a bit by then, so the photos will serve as motivation and hopefully will give me a sense of accomplishment mid-June.

I decided to conduct a little experiment with myself this week and try making my diet lower in carbs and eating more whole foods.  I have had four solid weeks of weight loss, no stalls, so I am not sure why I am conducting this trial now, other than boredom, just to mix it up and see what happens with my weight, my energy level, and my satiety.  I am not going super low carb and am keeping the same calories. I am just cutting out the KIND bars, the Lindt dark chocolate and sea salt bars, pasta, rice, potatoes, oatmeal, popcorn, chips, crackers, and bread.  Interestingly, I have lost nearly two pounds in two days since I began, bringing me into a new weight "decade."  WOOHOO!! KUMBAYA!!  YIPPEE!!  Okay, I have control of myself.  Needless to say, that makes me very happy.

For now though, that swimsuit has the wrong number, call again in July!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the lowered weight. Sometimes we just need to fiddle around with our food intake and our body will start losing again

    I think any Chinese food you would be craving can be easily made at home. Eggrolls can be sprayed with Pam and baked in the oven for the same crispiness.

    If you mix condiments like soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch and a little sugar or honey, you can make the sauce for General Tso's Chicken. Instead of frying it, use chicken breast and saute and put the glaze over it along with other vegetables.

    Orange chicken glaze can be made with orange juice, honey, soy sauce and corn starch.

    I think in general, making it at home would cut the fat and salt. I'll try to post more variations on my blog but there are A LOT of sites out there with great recipes!

    Good luck,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete