Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Eve

The lower carb experiment was put to rest a day early.  When I began laying awake in bed at night thinking of pizza, I remembered why I don't eliminate any particular food.  I made it through two nights of that and was still plugging on, but today was a busy day filled with cleaning, running, shopping, baseball practice, egg dying, DQ (for the kids only, I swear) and basketball, so I grabbed an apple and a KIND bar on my way out the door to baseball practice and ate it at the field for lunch.  On one hand, I don't feel badly that I only made it through 5 of the 6 planned days because I know it wouldn't work long term, so there was no use in continuing.  On the other hand, I had committed myself to 6 days, not five.

Today, my 10-year-old son ran with me.  The plan was for him to hang out at the park with his brothers while I looped around the park, then I heard him behind me.  He said he was going to run to "get in shape for football."  But I know the truth, he is afraid of bees, dogs, and people and didn't want to be away me.  So, he ran.  And run he did!  He ran a full two miles without stopping and without complaint.  I was so proud of him.

I decided on a new race and posted it on my Facebook asking if any of my running friends want to join me.  Two or three people say they are in for the race!  I am excited about it and hope at least one actually shows!  It is the day before Mother's Day.

I filled the Easter baskets tonight and a whole bunch of eggs too.  I did not eat one single tiny jelly bean, not a swedish fish, or a chocolate egg.  Nothing.  I was so proud that I had to document the moment with a picture.


 Then I had a little moment of sadness.....I hate the holidays on my own.  I should have a partner with this egg filling and hiding business.  The thought makes me want to go find those eggs I hid and eat all the candies, but my kids would be disappointed to find empty eggs in the morning, so I will refrain.

I have been planning my Easter breakfast all week.  I am going to have an egg.....a Reese Peanut Butter Egg, then I am going to run, then.....I am not sure-to indulge or not to indulge in Easter dinner, that is the question.  I probably will to some extent, not a full out free day, but a small portion of everything yummy.

BEST TIDBIT OF THE DAY:  Three people in the last two days have called me "skinny."  The weight loss is finally showing.

1 comment:

  1. Have a great Easter Sunday with you son! It's just me and the Bf so it's pretty lonely today too. Both our families are far away.

    I love it when people notice weightloss! COngratulations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete