Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 9 Oranges are Candy From Trees

Oranges are so delicious this time of year!  I bought four a week and a half ago.  I try to eat my fruits according to what needs to be eaten first, berries only last a couple days, pineapple, grapes, and bananas slightly longer, and finally oranges and apples.  So all four oranges have sat in the produce drawer for over a week untouched.  I sliced myself one for a snack yesterday and suddenly I had three boys and one girl buzzing about needing one of their own, three oranges, four kids....luckily they were large.  The same oranges that have sat in the drawer for the past 10 days without a second glance were now a precious commodity.Eating healthy foods around our children 100% affects our kid's food choices.
BREAKFAST:  Banana muffin, strawberries.
LUNCH:  2 chicken and fruit salad roll ups.
SNACK:  Orange, string cheese.
DINNER:  Leftover hash.....1-1/2 cups shredded potato, 3 oz chicken, 2 oz ham, 1/3 cup corn, onion, 1 T olive oil, 2 T shredded cheese.  A big plate of yummy!
SNACK:  Popcorn with 1 T butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment