Monday, November 14, 2011

Weekend Temptations

The weekend was full of temptations, but I am very proud to say I made it through unscathed!  First, my fiance called on Friday night asking if I wanted him to pick me up anything on the way home.  I had already eaten and said no thanks.  He came home with a BBQ chicken pizza-size large and triple cheese breadsticks, then tried to persuade me to eat it.  I resisted, barely.  Saturday he called me on his way home again and asked me what I would like from his favorite Chinese place, the place he claims is better than anywhere else, the place he ended up waiting at for nearly an hour for take-out.  Good thing I had already eaten by the time he had called both nights, so he wasn't asking me on an empty stomach.  THEN I had Sunday morning to deal with.  He usually makes us breakfast, but I was hungry and he was still sleeping, so I ate my breakfast.  Normally, I would partake in Sunday breakfast, just in smaller amounts, but I had already eaten my yogurt and was secretely annoyed by the barage of temptations, so I skipped it even with some more attempted persuasion by my fiance.  Finally, I said look, do you see me trying to get you to eat fruits, vegetables, and chicken breast?  He stopped waving the bacon in my face.
BLUNCH:  Chobani lemon yogurt, raspberries, strawberries, pineapple.
EARLY DINNER:  1/2 roasted chicken breast with skin, 1 chicken leg, 1 cup brown rice, salad (romaine, 2 T yogurt based Ceasar dressing, parmesan cheese, cucumber, and tomato.)
SNACKS:  Air-popped corn with 1 T butter, grapes, 1/2 cup lemon gingersnap ice cream.

The final temptation of the weekend was my doing.  I bought a pumpkin pie and whipped cream and brought it to my parent's house for dessert with my boys.  I ended up passing on the pie, even though it is a reasonable snack, but it is not my favorite, and I would much rather have the ice cream.

I made it through!  I have never been so relieved to see a Monday!  One week down, 10 more days until Turkey Day Challenge is successfully completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment