Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Turkey Day Challenge

This Monday I began a personal short challenge.  It is simple, eating better and eating less until Thanksgiving, 17 days.  Okay, so nothing is simple when it comes to my weight and eating habits.   Intellectually, it is straightforward.  The difference healthy eating makes in my energy levels, mood, and overall wellness should make it worth it alone, vanity aside.  So why is it so damn hard?  Eating better will mean eating plenty of fruits and vegetables-the refigerator was completely bare of these items with the exception of some apples and five mushy raspberries.  I am going to think about what I want versus what my body needs and how delicious the foods my body needs actually taste.  Seriously, Pringles taste like powered cheese covered paper, oranges taste like natures candy, so why do I choose the Pringles?  Equally important, I am going to eat single servings of foods.  AND I am going to record my choices here.  I didn't get to grocery shopping until Tuesday night,but the fridge is packed with healthy foods now.  This isn't going to be perfect, but it is going to be better,- It is going to be honest with myself, the good, the not so good, and the downright ugly.  17 days, -2, 15 more to go.

MONDAY:
BREAKFAST:  1/4 cup steel cut oats, 1/2 T natural pb, cinnamon, vanilla, splenda.
LUNCH:  Trader Joes Reduced Guilt Mac and Cheese.
DINNER:  Cajun spiced chicken breast, brown rice, broccoli and cauliflower, olive oil.

TUESDAY:
BREAKFAST:  1/4 cup steel cut oats, 1/2 T natural pb, cinnamon, vanilla, splenda.
LUNCH:  Yesterday's dinner leftovers.
SNACK:  6 Triscuits, 1 oz goat cheese.
DINNER:  Rotisserie chicken breast with skin, Romaine salad with strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, pineapple, and 2 T Ken's light poppyseed dressing.
SNACK:  1/4 cup air-popped corn with 1 T of butter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment