Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sweet Potato Fries

French fries are one of my favorite foods.  A food I refuse to give up, which completely eliminates all varieties of low carb diets.  Thankfully, I don't have to give them up.  Many years ago, during her skinny years, Oprah had her chef on her show, and they made oven baked french fries.  The secret ingredient in making great oven fries is egg whites!  It makes them crispy and delicious.  Recently, I tried making sweet potato fries in the same manner and they are equally as fabulous, and I am not a sweet potato fan because of the stringy texture, not a problem with fries.

1/2 a peeled sweet potato cut into strips
1 egg white
Seasoned salt, pepper, and cayenne.  (I have also tried cinnamon, but I prefer the savory sweet combo.)

Simply beat the egg white, add the spices, coat the potatoes with the mixture, place in a single layer on a pan sprayed with Pam, put into a preheated 475 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes.

Sweet potato fries with a fruit and chicken salad rollup.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment