Sunday, November 13, 2011

Even the Hard Runs Feel Good

I have a bunch of excuses for not running the past two weeks, one is legit.  I had a bad cold and I couldn't breathe for much of those two weeks.  Plus my other excuses that could be overcome with some willpower...I am working 12 hours days; I'm exhausted and have no time.  I was running around the field at football practice, now if I want to run, I have to leave my boys home supervised by my 13-year-old son.  And finally, the time change makes it dark too early.

But yesterday was Saturday, I had no work, my kids were at their dad's, and my congestion is tolerable-tolerable, not gone.  So, I laced em up and headed out.  It was tough.  My nose started running right away, I was spitting (ewwww) cause my throat was clogged, and I nearly threw up at mile 1.5, that is when I decided to run home, exactly 2 miles, 2 hard fought miles.  I ran straight to my deck and sat down for a moment, which immediately turned into laying down for a minute, which somehow turned into laying on the wooden planks for 45 minutes basking in the sun thinking how good even a bad run is, meditation.

Lying on the deck, post-run.  I am shocked by how flat my stomach appears.  It is an optical illusion.  If only I could live my life lying down my pooch would flatten.  LOL
BLUNCH:  Chobani lemon yogurt with fruit.
DINNER:  Leftover chicken parmesan, carrots, cucumbers.
SNACKS:   Air-popped corn, 2 squares dark chocolate with sea salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment