Monday, November 14, 2011

Saying Yes, When It's Worth It

Some treats are worth it.  And you know what, if I eat a single sized portion, there aren't too many foods that I have to say no to.  I made "the kids" homemade banana muffins with the over-ripened bananas on my counter.  They smelled heavenly, and when my niece saw them come out of the oven she yelled "HAPPY!!!"   That is what she calls cupcakes and chocolate.  When I made them, I truly believed they were for "the kids."  But once they were baked I asked myself...
Now how does one resist the temptation of warm, homemade banana muffins with brown sugar crunch topping?
And the answer was immediately clear.......one doesn't!
At about 235 calories and 7 grams of fat, I don't have to feel guilt, because I ate just one, and it was delicious and tasted exactly like "HAPPY" would if it had a taste.

BREAKFAST:  Chobani honey yogurt, pineapple, raspberries, and strawberries.
LUNCH:  3 oz lightly breaded chicken cutlet, sweet potato fries, raw carrots.
SNACK:  Banana muffin.
DINNER:  3 to 4 oz ham, brussel sprouts, 1 cup brown rice.
SNACK:  Air popped corn with 1 T butter.

8 days down, 9 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment